The LORD Knows the Most Suited Time
“HE WILL BE VERY GRACIOUS UNTO THEE AT THE VOICE OF THY CRY; WHEN HE SHALL HEAR IT, HE WILL ANSWER THEE” (ISAIAH 30:19).
May we look at this scripture and see what it says. Thy God, thy Savior, thy Jesus, knows thy voice, hears thy cry, and will assuredly answer. He will not only be gracious, but very gracious.
He waits to be gracious; waits for the most suited time, the best time, the praying time, and the crying time; for He times His grace, His mercy, to our need. And though we know it not, yet so it is; when His time is near at hand, which is always the best time, He puts a cry in our heart; so that the time of our cry, and the time for the manifestation of His glory, shall come together.
May we see such a truth that Jesus will be very gracious to His people? Faith, well-grounded faith in Jesus, should always bring down general rules to particular cases and circumstances, as the soul’s experience may require.
We do not always know what is good for us. Too much candy can make us sick. But trusting in Him and not leaning on our own understanding will reveal God’s faithfulness and truth and becomes the believer’s shield and buckler.
May we think on these things!
Receive email updates when we post a new article by subscribing.
- “Who Do you Say I Am?”: Cultural Confusion and the Identity of Jesus
- Justice, Morality, and Human Significance: Conversation Starters with Protesters
- “What does it mean to say the New Testament is ‘Historically Reliable?’”
- How Can Disciples of Jesus Demonstrate He Has Inaugurated the Kingdom of God?
- Why the Resurrection of the Messiah Matters