Do you ever feel unqualified? Today's pastoral care devotional scripture is 1 Samuel 9:20-21. In our text, the prophet Samuel is letting Saul know that he is about to become the first king of Israel. Saul is shocked. He does not feel qualified. Saul believes that there are already three huge strikes against him: his tribe, his family, and himself. Well... God does not have a "three strikes, you're out" policy. In fact, the very clear teaching of scripture is that God usually chooses the unqualified. (See 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 and 2 Corinthians 3:5-6.) As you and I begin a new week, let's remember that God has qualified and equipped us. Others may not see it. That's their problem, not yours. Through Yeshua, we can do all things. Let's do them.... even if it's Monday! Photo courtesy of Kaigani Turner.
Receive email updates when we post a new article by subscribing.
- Why My Favorite Question for College Students is “Does God Exist?”
- Jewish scholar Michael S. Kogan on the uniqueness of Jesus’s messianic movement
- “Do the Miracles of Jesus Prove Messianic Status?”
- Six Messianic Expectations and One Messiah
- A Look at Pauline Apologetics: What Can Apologists Learn From Paul?