Don't Be Surprised
When things do not go as planned today, please do not panic. Today's pastoral care devotional scripture is Genesis 1:14-19. "So the evening and the morning were the fourth day." Sometimes we forget that it takes both "evening and morning" to make a complete day. Sometimes we forget that "all things work together for good" (Romans 8:28). Sometimes we forget that "the Lord gives and takes away" (Job chapters 1 and 2). As we begin a new work week, let's not be surprised by what unfolds today. In order for today to be a complete day, there has to be both light and dark, good and bad, success and failure, pleasure and pain, crosses and crowns. As much as we want everything to be "picture perfect," even a picture has different colored pixels. Embrace the variety that will fill this day. Don't be surprised at the different colors the Master Painter will be using to paint your day. Even though it's Monday, it will still be a masterpiece. Photo courtesy of romanlily.
Receive email updates when we post a new article by subscribing.
- Why My Favorite Question for College Students is “Does God Exist?”
- Jewish scholar Michael S. Kogan on the uniqueness of Jesus’s messianic movement
- “Do the Miracles of Jesus Prove Messianic Status?”
- Six Messianic Expectations and One Messiah
- A Look at Pauline Apologetics: What Can Apologists Learn From Paul?