God’s will for your life in 2020
We are two days away from 2020 and a new decade. Some will be asking God for a new vision or a stong leading on what to do this year. Over the years, I have read a slew of books on Decision Making and the Will of God. Here are some things that we can be sure are God’s will for your life. God has spoken in the text. Thus, you don’t need to sit around for months and wait for a still small voice telling you what to do. It is not that complicated. (Note: I am aware nobody does this perfectly and we all fall short in implementing these things). It is God’s will for you to do the following in 2020:
- Share your faith and make disciples of others into the person of Jesus (Matt 28:19). So if you are a 20-year-old Christian that still doesn’t know what the Gospel is or how to disciple anyone, you aren’t doing God’s will.
- Abstain from sexual immorality (1 Thess. 4: 3-7).
- Rejoice always, pray continually, giving thanks in all circumstances (1 Thess. 5: 16-18).
- Offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—and be transformed by the renewing of your mind (Rom 12: 1-2).
- Pray at all times in the Spirit (Eph. 6:18).
- Promote unity among your brothers and sisters (John 17: 20-23).
- Love radically and unconditionally (1 Cor.13: 4-13).
- Know God and his Son Jesus the Messiah so that you may truly experience the quality of eternal life right now (John 17: 3).
- Try to avoid the deeds of the flesh and experience the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5: 19-25).
- Know the role of the Holy Spirit in your life (John 14-16).
- Know what you believe and why you believe and be able to give a reason for the hope within you to others (1. Peter 3: 15-16).
- Find contentment in God (1 Tim. 6:6-7: Heb. 13: 5).
- Forgive others so you can be set free ( Matthew 18:21-22).
- Work on training your mind to dwell on those things that are honorable, true, praiseworthy, and pure (Phil. 4: 8).
- Try to avoid idolatry (Exod. 20: 23). An idol is anything that consumes you other than God. You find your entire identity in it and grab onto it. If it is threatened, you have a meltdown. Notice how politics can do that!
These are just a few tips for the New Year. May God bless you with the energy you need to accomplish what you lay before Him.
Receive email updates when we post a new article by subscribing.
- God’s will for your life in 2020
- Why Would God Become a Jewish Man? A Look at the Jewish Background of the Incarnation
- What Does It Mean To Love God With All Our Heart, Soul, and Mind?
- A Look at Messianic Prophecy: The Messiah as “The Branch”
- If it is so obvious that Jesus is the Messiah, why didn’t the disciples understand it?