10 Reasons Why We Should Bring the Gospel to the Jewish People
- Because we have all received knowledge of God and salvation from the Jewish people.
“You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.” John 4:22
- Because there is a blessing for those who bless the descendants of Abraham and a curse on those who curse them.
Now the LORD had said to Abram: “Get out of your country, From your family And from your father’s house, To a land that I will show you. I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” Genesis 12:1-3
- Because the Lord is jealous for Zion and angry with those who have persecuted the Jewish people.
“. . . Thus says the Lord of hosts: “I am zealous for Jerusalem And for Zion with great zeal. I am exceedingly angry with the nations at ease; For I was a little angry, And they helped—but with evil intent.” Zechariah 1:14-15
- Because the priority of evangelism in the New Testament is to the Jewish people.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of [Messiah], for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek (Gentile). Romans 1:16
- Because God’s heart is for their salvation.
Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. Romans 10:1
- Because God’s chosen method of reaching them is the preaching of the gospel.
How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!” Romans 10:14-15
- Because the Jewish people are being restored to the land of Israel in fulfillment of Bible prophecy in preparation for their spiritual rebirth.
For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:24-26
- Because a time of great troubles lies ahead from which only the Messiah Jesus can bring salvation.
Alas! For that day is great, So that none is like it; And it is the time of Jacob’s trouble, But he shall be saved out of it. Jeremiah 30:7
“And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.” Zechariah 12:10
- Because these events are a sign that we are living in the last days of this age during which time God will move among Jewish people.
And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. . . . Then He (Jesus) spoke to them a parable: “Look at the fig tree, and all the trees. When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer is now near.” Luke 21:24; 29-30
- Because God’s purpose is to bring the elect remnant of Israel to salvation.
And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins.” Romans 11:26-27
Our thanks to Messianic Testimony in the UK, a longtime friend and ministry partner with CJFM, for permission to use the above outline (adapted from the MT website at www.messianictestimony.com).